The Administrative Assistant is responsible for handling clerical duties for all levels of staff and ensures the efficient and smooth day-to-day operations of administration. Responsibilities include answering incoming phone calls for the agency on a multi-line system, transferring them to employees, employee’s voicemail or taking messages.
The Administrative Assistant will always offer a welcoming voice and personality either in person or on the telephone. Must be able to manage workflow in a timely manner, ensuring that deadlines are met and work is completed correctly. This employee will also greet visitors to the Center, assists children and adults arriving or leaving the center. Additional responsibilities include support to Gavras team members, purchasing of various items and managing documentation for staff.
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree in business or related field.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, work as a team however have the ability to work independently.
- Possess the ability to multi-task, be organized and have the ability to prioritize work.
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point and the internet. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times.