Children's Health Home
The Children’s Health Home is a brand new program to the E. John Gavras Center and we are thrilled to be able to offer this service to our community! This service is available to those with New York State Medicaid coverage. Care management staff engage with you to learn your child’s goals, needs, and what will make your lives meaningful.
What is a Health Home?
A health home is not a place, it is a free service provided through your NYS Medicaid coverage.
CNY Health Home Network provides case management services to children ages 3-21, and help ensure everyone involved in your child's care work together and share information that is important in supporting your child's overall health. The person coordinating these services is called a Care Manager.
What are care managers?
Care management staff members are caring individuals who talk with you and your child about goals, needs and what will make your lives meaningful. They know where to go and who to talk with in order to make certain those needs met as quickly as possible and that you have the supports your child needs to succeed.
How Can a Care Manager help your child?
The goal of the Health Home, the E. John Gavras Center, and the Care manager is to improve, not just your child's physical health, but also their emotional well-being. The Care Manager will assist you with:
- Getting your child and family involved in activities to improve quality of life and remaining healthy.
- Learning about resources in your community and how to access them.
- Obtaining safe housing, legal assistance, food and other health and essential needs.
- Ensuring everyone involved in your child's care understands the care plan to meet their goals.
How do I know if my child is ELIGIBLE?
You child must Medicaid Eligible and meet one of four criteria to be considered eligible for Care Management Services:
- Two or more chronic health conditions.
- OR one single chronic qualifying condition such as:
- Serious emotional disturbance/mental illness
- Complex trauma
Questions regarding Children’s Health Home services can be directed to Sarah Kelly at 315-255-2746.